Common Herbs Uses in Medicine
Herbalism is the use of plant extracts as medicines to treat chronic conditions or to promote a healthy lifestyle. These plant extracts are consumed either by direct consumption or topical application to the skin. Herbal medicine is meant to be a more proactive method to combat ailments. If you’re looking to learn more about herbs and herbalism near Clifton, visit Shore Points Wellness for more information.
- Aloe – Aloe vera is an evergreen plant that is grown wild in countries near the equator. Herbalist uses its extract to treat minor burns, sunburns, skin irritation, or inflammation.
- Arnica – Arnica, also known as wolf’s bane, is a plant part of the sunflower family. Herbalists wii use its extract to apply to bruises, sprains, sore muscle, and joints.
- Chamomile tea – Chamomile is a plant that grows wild mostly in dry fields. It’s extracts are used to make Chamomile tea which hails as a combatant against upset stomach, heartburn, indigestion, and colic.
- Ginger – Ginger is one the most common herb used by herbalist. It is used to cure nausea and motion sickness. So, the next time you’re experiencing motion sickness or nausea, consider talking to our staff of herbalists at Shore Points Wellness; we know all about herbalism near Clifton.
- Garlic – Garlic, like ginger, ranks high on the popularity chart in the herbalism community. This is commonly used for lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Ginseng – Ginseng is the root of several different, slow growing plants. Ginseng is used as a tonic.
- Valerian – Valerian is a flowering plant that is native to Europe and Asia, it is used by herbalists to treat sleeplessness and to quell anxiety.
Forms of Herbs
These herbs among others are dispensed in many different forms for consumption:
Herbal Medicine vs Pharmaceuticals
- Herbs are very affordable. Herbal medicines can be grown from seed or gathered from nature for little or no cost. Because of the low cost to produce herbs, a lot of people look to herbalists for relief. Are you looking to learn more about herbalism near Clifton? Contact us today!
- Pharmaceuticals are often synthesized, which means they are created from chemical reactions. Pharmaceutical drug components are physically and chemically manipulated to obtain a specific result.
- Herbs are used as a proactive measure while pharmaceuticals are reactive. The primary focus of the herbalist is to prevent illnesses while promoting healthier habits. The primary focus of conventional medical practices is to treat diseases as they occur using medication.
Benefits of Herbal Medicine
- Easy to obtain, no prescription necessary
- More affordable than prescription medicine
- Encourages proactive approaches to prevent illnesses
- Organic, no chemical synthesis
Are you looking for herbalism near Clifton to give you great herbal treatments? Contact Shore Points Wellness to start your treatment!